I write, publish, and enhance technical documentation.
Great documentation reduces technical support costs, enhances your brand, and encourages customers to use your products.
Who’ve you worked for?
I’ve worked in the UK, USA, and China with Fortune 500s, start-ups, SMBs, and one-person business owners. IBM, NEC, Intel, US Department of Justice, Misys, Finastra, Bank of Ireland, and more.
- Technical Documentation (banking and financial services)
- Online Help System (RoboHelp/Madcap Flare/HTML5)
- White Papers
- API documentation
Experience: Structured and topic-based writing, DITA, XML, CMS, single-sourcing, writing for localization, content conversions, and more.
Publishing: Content Management, online publishing, single-source publishing, Web Help, Context Sensitive Help, technical documentation, API documentation, Swagger, RAML
Technologies: AWS, Grafana, Docker, Confluence, Jira, SharePoint, Github/Gitlab
Tools: Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Captivate, MadCap Flare, Oxygen XML, SharePoint, Confluence, Jekyll, Markdown, Hugo, Asciidocs and more.
Multimedia: Camtasia Studio, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audacity, Visio
As an experienced technical writer, I can provide the following services:
Ownership – primary resource for product documentation. Coordinate with other members of Technical Publishing, Dev, and QA teams to drive consistency and excellence across all documentation deliverables.
Technical Documentation — oversee the writing of technical documentation including RESTful and Web API guides, administration, installation, configuration guides for C# and Java applications, reference material for system integrators, release notes, web and user interface content, product-wide MS Word templates, Madcap Flare project files, skins, and style sheets, PDF optimization and generation, create Online Help system (HTML5) for entire product suite, among others.
Online technical documentation library – use MadCap Flare to enhance the visual design (skin), create indexes and glossaries, improve speed and responsiveness with HTML5, apply metadata to improve search engine results, and increase usage of the online technical documentation library.
Publishing — update and maintain technical documentation posted to support sites (SharePoint) and knowledge-base wikis (MindTouch). Maintain documentation library, index of documents, and ensure all files are kept under source control (Perforce).
Training — write, record, and publish training materials. Create storyboards, scripts, demos, and modules (Articulate).
Documentation set•System Administrator Guide
• Configuration Guide
• User Guide
• RESTFul API material
• Release Notes
• Online Help
Use MadCap Flare 11 to create single-source documentation suite; publish content in multiple formats for distribution, such as HTML5, CHM, and PDFs.
Financial services documentation
As a Senior Technical Writer for a global financial services company, I ereated technical documentation for Risk Analysis, Hedge Accounting, Accountancy, and Asset Management software.
• Team Management: responsible for allocating documentation resources and mentoring off-shore members of the documentation team.
• Develop structured content for 18 separate release streams, 4-6 monthly patches, 4 service packs and 2-3 major releases per year.
• Technical Writing: Senior Technical Writer with experience leading technical documentation efforts in support of major documentation initiatives and product launches. Experience introducing technical writing best practices into organizations without a formal technical writing group.
• Analysis: Strong requirements gathering, analysis, and problem solving skills. Ability to draw upon my industry experience to better understand audience needs.
• Published Writing: Experience writing about financial software, risk management, banking, and IBM technologies.
• SharePoint & Online Collaboration: Experience managing SharePoint sites and wikis for documentation management, and collaboration.
Hedge Accounting, Technical Writing. FpML, Risk Management, Funds, Finance, Technical Editing. Requirements Analysis. Online Help. Training Guides. Process Flow diagrams. Document Templates. Style Guides. Process Design, Mapping, DITA, XML, FIX Messages, Integration Service, RoboHelp, RoboSource, FIX Gateway, Integration Service, Investment Accounting,
You can get me on LinkedIn.
How can I contact you?
Email: ivan at gmail dot com