Release Notes cover what’s new, download and installation instructions, known issues and frequently asked questions. Creating Release Notes is fairly straightforward. Create a Release Notes template and re-use it on each release. The template should include the following sections:
- Release note identifier (name, date, version #)
- What’s New
- System Requirements (third-party platforms / modules / etc with version numbers / dates)
- Features and changes (new features, defects corrected, caveats etc)
- Outstanding issues (unresolved defects, workarounds, installation issues etc)
- Installation guide (how to obtain and install)
- Known Issues
- Other Resources and Links
Whenever a new software version is released, a Release Note is generated to provide the necessary information about bug fixes, new features, workarounds, known issues etc.
In many cases, two release notes are required:
- Internal release note provided for the company’s own use.
- Public release note provided for customers and end users
Download your Release Notes templates at: http://www.klariti.com/release-notes-templates/