Market Research forms & checklists
How can you use market research to improve your Social Media efforts? Market research gives you “actionable insight”. It helps you understand the competitive landscape when deciding to build a strategy for social media.
Using these market research templates, forms and checklists, you’ll a) know who your competitors really are, and b) monitor campaigns, pricing, promotions and events. Market research gives you a reference point around which you can build your Marketing Plan.
This Market Research Template pack includes 12 templates (10 Word + 2 Excel). You can use these templates, forms, checklists, and questionnaires to gather, record, and analyze data so you have the information you need to drive your Business Plan and Marketing strategies forward.
Market Research Templates
This template pack includes:
- Market Plan Template (16 pages) Use this template to capture Why You Need Research, Who You Want to Target, How to Plan, Collect Data, Analyze Data, Report Findings, and Make Decisions.
- Market Plan Brief Template (6 pages) Use this document to brief Consultants on your Market Research requirements.
- 10 Free Templates including Brand Loyalty Survey, Competitor Analysis, Demographic Comparison, Demographic Profile, Industry Analysis Checklist, Market Planning Checklist, Cost Analysis, Market Research Spreadsheet, Market Survey, and a Project Plan.
Market Research: Table of Contents
The Market Research Plan (MS Word, 16 pages) contains the following chapters. The other checklists, questionnaires, surveys and templates are listed below.
1 Executive Summary
1.2 Points Of Contact
2 Market Research Plan
2.1 Stage 1 – Why You Need a Market Research Plan
2.2 Stage 2 – Who are your Customers
2.3 Stage 3 – How Are Your Going To Get The Information
2.4 Stage 4 – Collect Data
2.4.1 Train Your Staff
2.4.2 Make it Sharable
2.4.3 Avoid Corrupt Data
2.4.4 Design Carefully
2.5 Stage 5 – Analyze Data
2.6 Stage 6 – Generate Report Findings
2.6.1 Descriptive Data Analysis
2.6.2 Inferential Data Analysis
2.7 Stage 7 – Choose Best Strategies
3 Market Plan Budget
Market Research: Benefits
As a small business owner, you’re looking for ways understand:
- Who are your current customers and potential customers
- What do I really know about them Where do they live Do they prefer to shop online or offline
- What do they want to buy
- What is their average income What’s the disposable income
- What type of products do they have (Skoda), like to have (slightly bigger Car), and aspire to having (BMW)
- How much are they willing to pay for my products
- Can they find my products where they go shopping If not, why
- What do they think of my business Do they think we’re reliable, trustworthy, good value
- How does my business compare with my competitors
Market Research: Goals
You can use these twelve templates (10 Microsoft Word and 2 Excel spreadsheets) to outline the specific goals for your Market Research Plan and then feed these results into your Business Plans, Marketing Plans, and product development strategies.
This Market Research Plan will help you examine five areas:
- Assess the Competition
- Identify your Target Market
- Identify the Right Price
- Define the Best Sales channels
- Determine the Number of Customers
As you can see, there are many factors to consider when launching a product. Interviewing, running surveys and polls are different ways to get inside the head of your customers (or prospective customers).
Market Research: Seven Phases
You can then use these forms, checklists, surveys, and questionnaires to complete the seven stages in the Market Research process:
- Stage 1 – Why You Need a Market Research Plan
- Stage 2 – Who are your Target Customers
- Stage 3 – How To Get The Information You Need
- Stage 4 – How Do You Collect DataHow to Train Your StaffHow to Make it SharableHow to Avoid Corrupt DataHow to Design Questionnaires, Surveys and Polls
- Stage 5 – Analyze Data
- Stage 6 – Generate Report FindingsDescriptive Data AnalysisInferential Data Analysis
- Stage 7 – Choose Best Strategies
Here are screenshots of the templates you can download by clicking the Click Here to Purchase image above.
Market Research Template, Stage 3
Market Plan Budget
Market Research, Excel Template
Demographic Analysis Worksheet
Brand Loyalty Survey
Market Research Templates: Format
|Brand Loyalty Survey – MS Word|
|Competitor Analysis – MS Word|
|Demographic Comparison – MS Word|
|Demographic Profile – MS Excel|
|Industry Analysis Checklist – MS Word|
|Market Planning Checklist – MS Word|
|Market Research Brief 6 pgs – MS Word|
|Market Research Cost Analysis – MS Word|
|Market Research Plan Template 16 pgs – MS Word|
|Market Research Spreadsheet – MS Excel|
|Market Survey – MS Word|
|Project Plan – MS Word|