Gary Hayes and Laurel Papworth gave this presentation at SPAA Fringe in Sydney.
1. Involve – live the social web, understand it, this cannot be faked
2. Create – make relevant content for communities of interest
3. Discuss – no conversation around it, then the content may as well not exist
4. Promote – actively, respectfully, promote the content with the networks
5. Measure – monitor, iteratively develop and respond
Twitter has worked very well for me in raising brand awareness and driving traffic. Facebook has been a real disappointment. Very little interaction / click-thrus.
What’s been your experience in developing social media campaigns?